Hey everybody! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've written, I've been the busiest of bees these past two weeks, but they've been wonderful two weeks. I am not going to write two much right now because it's almost two in the morning and I'm exhausted but I am leaving tomorrow and won't be home for almost 12 days!
These past two weeks I've been spending a lot of time with my friends from Casa de Colores. This is the name we have given to the the house of Benito and his crew in recreo! I have spent basically two full weekends at their house, hanging out, baking things, eating things and enjoying life! One day we played soccer and frisbee on the beach and made friends with the street puppies that were there. After our beach time we went home and made completos which were DELICIOUS. Just a reminder, completos are hot dogs in a bun with tons of mayo, ketchup and avocado and it sounds extremely weird but the mix is actually amazing. Another night Kacey and I made a banana bread for everybody and it turned out amazing. We used a little bit of yogurt which took the place of butter I think, which made it extra moist and healthier too! We also went to our favorite club PROA which only plays latino music and we danced until 6 am again. That night we had made homemade pizza with caramelized onions, olives, tomatoes and cheese. It was to die for and it was the perfect 6:30 am snack! Gosh all I'm talking about is food but it's how I organize the days in my head! In between food we play music, talk about future life projects, listen to music and take naps! I promise I do other things besides eat!
banana bread:
homemade pizza:
homemade sopaipillas:
This past weekend we ended up going out to a little hari krishna restaurant with excellent, healthy and cheap food. I had a salad, chickpea and pumpkin stew, with strawberries and creme for dessert all for around 5 dollars! On friday was my mom's birthday and we had a family once (tea time/dinner) and spent the day making sopaipillas and empanadas for her birthday party the next day. I however didn't make it to that party, and went to Casa de Colores to celebrate Karla's birthday! We went out us girls for a few drinks, which turned into a few more, and then we went dancing at a new place called cubanisimo! Then sunday we had a special dinner of churrasco which are sort of like hamburgers but the meat is thinly sliced cuts of meat. Getting from Casa de Colores to my house at night is a little tough so I ended up spending the night on Sunday and going straight to class in the morning! And then when I got home my sister wanted to bake and so we made apple pie! Last night me and my family went to a birthday party that was cocktail themed. It was very, very fancy with caterers and everything. It was pretty weird to be in such a high class group of people, my sister told me that one of the guests there was or had been the senator of Chile. You all might be wondering how I've been doing all this eating and not gaining any weight, but the truth is... I have been gaining weight. My clothes are fairly tight right now, and my face is round as a pumpkin :) Just as it should be for study abroad... right?
chickpea stew thing:
Karla taking selfies of her birthday:
apple pie with coty:
I'm off to Pucon this weekend with our CIEE program and then the same day I get back I leave for Santiago airport to spend the night there before my flight out to Buenos Aires!! I will be there from the 29th-5th of November! Expect lots of pictures and stories when I get back! Hope everyone is doing well over there, miss you all.
CHAO <3
Love the post. Would love the food. So good to hear of your adventures!
ReplyDeleteWith love from West Seattle,
Arleen